Jobs at P-Brain
Job Opening: Admin Systems Associate
Apply by: June 20, 2022
Estimated hours per month: 20 to 40, depending on availability
Job grade: Associate
Salary range: $20 to $30/hr, DOE
Status: Independent contractor with possible future part-time employment
P-Brain Media, a website development and business services firm based in Albuquerque, NM seeks a competent, detail-oriented and community-focused Admin Systems Associate to help develop and manage recordkeeping and data management systems. The Admin Systems Associate will develop, document, review, and improve policies, systems, and procedures; and generally ensure the business operates smoothly and efficiently.
The scope of work would include the following tasks, many in conjunction with other staff at P-Brain such as technology administrators:
- Helping develop, document, review, and improve administrative systems, policies, and procedures.
- Helping choose the best tech tools and platforms for business needs.
- Assisting with managing existing platforms for customer relations, project management, email marketing, document management, social media, financial management and others. Our main platforms and tools include Notion, Google Workspace, ActiveCampaign, MailChimp, QuickBooks, Slack and Zoom.
- Helping develop and using processes to track client and project budgets, generate reports for client billings, process payroll and other financial management tasks.
- Doing bookkeeping entry, creating customized reports and generating regular reports.
- Organizing documents (both hard copy and digital) related to business development, projects/initiatives, meetings, etc.
- Assisting with scheduling and communicating with team members about meetings.
The right candidate for this position will have some or all of the following characteristics:
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree, and/or 1 to 2 years experience in business administration, management, or financial reporting.
- Strong abilities in systems thinking, problem solving, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Data visualization skills a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively, both online and in person, with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Strong digital competence, experience on a variety of platforms and willingness to learn new tools.
- Responsive to emails within a reasonable time frame.
- Reliable, flexible and able to accommodate other team members’ busy schedules.
- Knowledge about and/or interest in topics related to small business management, economic development, community development and sustainability a plus.
- Experience with community-based and/or mission-driven ventures.
- Appreciation for bullet points.
Work will be done remotely but New Mexico-based candidates are preferred.
P-Brain Media values connections to community, worker wellness and democratic management principles. We strive to be an anti-racist, gender-diverse, anti-ableist, neurodiverse workplace.
This is an independent contractor position that has the potential to turn into part-time employment.
To apply, please use this application form to enter your cover letter and upload your resume. For your cover letter, we are especially interested in how you envision a well-run operation and how you approach systems development and implementation.