Jobs at P-Brain
Job Opening: Business Communications Assistant
Apply by: June 15, 2022
Estimated hours per month: 15 to 40, depending on availability
Job grade: Junior
Salary range: $20 to $30/hr, DOE
Status: Independent contractor to start, could transition to regular part-time employment
P-Brain Media LLC, a business and technology consulting firm, needs a competent, detail-oriented and community-focused Business and Communications Assistant to work on projects related to small business and economic development.
The possible scope of work would include the following tasks (somewhat flexible depending on the applicant’s strengths):
- Supporting P-Brain Media’s Project Managers (PMs) by helping them develop strategies and plans to meet clients’ needs, and helping execute those plans.
- Writing and posting on websites and social media channels as required/assigned for individual projects.Typical writing assignments include newsletter articles, social media posts, event descriptions, blog posts and other website content.
- Performing research and drafting memos/reports as assigned, in subject areas related to entrepreneurship, small business and sustainable economic development.
- Helping develop and use effectiveness metrics for communications activities. Helping develop and execute plans to leverage the data and insights produced.
The right candidate for this position will have some or all of the following characteristics:
- 1 to 2 years of experience working in communications, publishing, or related field.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Data visualization skills a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively, both online and in person, with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Experienced with creating and managing content in WordPress.
- Digitally savvy and able to use a variety of platforms.
- Reliable and detail-oriented.
- Responsive to emails within a reasonable time frame.
- Flexible and able to accommodate other team members’ busy schedules.
- Knowledgeable about and/or interested in topics related to small business management, economic development, community development and sustainability.
- Experience doing business research.
- Appreciation for bullet points.
Work will be done remotely but New Mexico-based candidates are preferred.
P-Brain Media values connections to community, worker wellness and democratic management principles. We strive to be an anti-racist, gender-diverse, anti-ableist, neurodiverse workplace.
This is an independent contractor position that has the potential to turn into part-time employment.
To apply, please use this application form to enter your cover letter and upload your resume. For your cover letter, we are especially interested in your thoughts on how organizations can build engaged communities and communicate inclusively.